Announcing a call for pieces for inclusion in the Composer showcase-workshop with members of the Scottish Ensemble.
In November 2006 spnm [the Society for the Promotion of New Music], the Scottish Ensemble and sound are staging a third Score! day, this year in Aberdeen. It will feature workshops, talks, and one-to-one surgeries with leading composers. Sessions will address subjects such as writing for piano, composing for student and amateur ensembles, and a workshop of new pieces for string trio.
Jonathan Morton (Artistic Director, Scottish Ensemble) will select up to three new pieces to workshop as part of the day of activity in November. This session will be led by James Clapperton (pianist/composer). The session will be open to members of the public, and will also include an element of discussion by visitors as part of the workshop process. The workshop will take place at Aberdeen University as part of sound 2006.
For more information about the Scottish Ensemble, please visit: www.scottishensemble.co.uk.
For more information about sound, please visit: www.sound-scotland.co.uk.
For more information about spnm, please visit: www.spnm.org.uk.
- Your piece must be for violin, viola, and cello.
- Your piece should be between 3 - 5 minutes in duration.
- The deadline for submitting a completed score will be Monday 23rd October 2006.
- You must be able to attend the workshop at Aberdeen University on 11th November 2006.
- Your piece must not have been performed.
- Your piece can be a new work or something from your existing repertoire.
- To apply to this opportunity you must have been born or be resident in Scotland.
How to Apply
Please submit your score to Fiona Robertson c/o sound, Woodend Barn Arts Centre, Burn O’Bennie, Banchory, AB31 5QA, Scotland.
All submissions must be accompanied by a programme note and current biog.
Please mark the envelope containing your submission ‘Score! Scotland’.
If you would like your score to be returned to you once selections have been made please enclose a stamped addressed envelope.
The deadline for this call is Monday 23rd October 2006.
If you have any queries regarding this call then please do not hesitate to contact Fiona Robertson or Holly Harris by email at
(or on 01330 825432).