To write a new work for dance and new music of between 20-40 minutes long that is “made” in Aberdeen. “Made” means rehearsed and premiered in Aberdeen as well as one or more of the following stipulations:
- The composer and/or the choreographer are based in Aberdeen;
- The performers are based in Aberdeen;
- There are master-classes linked to the project that allow local practitioners to benefit from the project.
Ideally we’d like at least two of the above criteria to be met.
The brief is fairly open, but the work needs to be original, innovative and fully collaborative between the composer and choreographer. There is potential for it to be a site specific work (to be discussed with the festival directors).
Total budget: a max of £10,000 (includes all commissioning fees, artists payments, performance costs, accommodation, travel and any other costs). It may be possible to provide in-kind rehearsal spaces.
You can also download a pdf of this brief here.
The overall cost may be a factor in the decision-making process.
- Deadline for submission of proposals: 20th January 2015
- Work premiered at DanceLive/sound in October 2015.
Please either email proposals to fiona@sound-scotland or write to Fiona Robertson, sound, c/o Woodend Barn, Banchory AB31 5QA.