Composers’ Day: using personal material and composing for oboe
Saturday 2 November | 10.30am-4.00pm | The Anatomy Rooms, Aberdeen
soundfestival's annual Composers' Day takes place on Saturday 2 November 2019 in Aberdeen. The day will focus on the themes using personal material and composing for oboe.
The Composers' Day consists of workshops, talks, and one-to-one surgeries led by leading composers Ailie Robertson and Luke Styles. The day aims to give opportunities for composers of all ages and standards opportunities to improve technical skills in contemporary composition for the oboe as well as developing general compositional ideas.
The renowned oboist Nicholas Daniel will lead a masterclass in the afternoon and we are inviting composers to submit repertoire for this element of the day. Nicholas will select pieces to workshop as part of this session. The masterclasses will be open to members of the public.
- Your piece must be for solo oboe
- Your piece should be no longer than five minutes long
- You can write something new, or send in an unperformed work from your existing repertoire
How to Apply
- The deadline for submitting a completed PDF score is Friday 20 September 2019.
- Please email your score to email@example.com
- You must also complete an application form with your details. The form can be downloaded below
- If video examples are available, applicants can additionally submit web links (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) by copying the URL in the application form.
Please note that you must be able to attend the afternoon masterclass in Aberdeen on Saturday 2 November. Please note it costs £12 to attend the day.
We will let you know if your composition has been selected for masterclass by 30 September 2019.
If you have any questions or need further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01330 826526.