The following commissions are currently available for you to support (check back regularly for updates):
- A new work by composer Laura Bowler for two cellos and text to be performed by Noémi Boutin and Matthew Sharp as part of a Franco-UK collaborative project.
- Co-commissioned by Arcko Symphonic Ensemble (Australia), sound, Freemantle Chamber Orchestra (Western Australia), and Taller Sonoro (Spain), composer Luke Styles is writing a new oboe concerto which will be performed by James Turnbull and Red Note Ensemble.
- A new work by composer Linda Buckley for the combined forces of Red Note Ensemble and Any Enemy.
- sound's composer-in-residence, Ailie Robertson, is writing a new work about Motherhood for three singers.
All of the above new works are to be performed during soundfestival 2019.
- Young people and composition
Get Composing! is a programme of compositional training opportunities for young people aged 13-19 from rural areas, and in particular from North East Scotland.
soundbytes gives the opportunity to help with the cost of a young person’s place on Go Compose!, our annual 3-day composition course.