The following commissions are currently available to support (check back regularly for updates):
- A new work by Argentine-French composer Oscar Strasnoy for viola d'amore and ensemble. The work will be performed by renowned contemporary violist, Garth Knox, and Red Note Ensemble during soundfestival 2018.
- A new work by sound's Composer-in-Residence, John De Simone, for Dutch new music group Ensemble Klang.
- A new work by composer Diana Burrell for solo piano to be performed by Matthew Schellhorn, a prominent performer of new music.
- A new work by celebrated composer, and viola player, Sally Beamish for 6 violas.
All of the above new works will be performed during soundfestival 2018.
- Young people and composition
Get Composing! is a programme of compositional training opportunities for young people aged 13-19 from rural areas, and in particular from North East Scotland.
soundbytes gives the opportunity to help with the cost of a young person’s place on Go Compose!, our annual 3-day composition course.