Examples of previous commissions include new works by Graham Fitkin, John De Simone, Sally Beamish, Snorri Sigfús Birgisson and Lu McClintock.
Young people and composition
Get Composing! is a programme of compositional training opportunities for young people aged 13-19 from rural areas, and in particular from North East Scotland. soundbytes gives the opportunity to help with the cost of a young person’s place on Go Compose!, our annual 3-day composition course.
Current commissions (check back regularly for updates):
- A new site-specific opera about the Great Scottish Witch Hunt in the 16th Century by composer Joe Stollery
- A new site-specific opera about Aberdeen's Jacobite Uprising by Phillip Cooke (composer) with Peter Davidson (librettist)
- A new site-specific opera about the tragic tale of Fittie's (Footdee) Harbour Master by composer Errollyn Wallen
- A new work for multiple bassoons by Sonia Allori (commissioned as part of our 'Endangered Instruments' series)
- A new work by Benedict Mason to be performed by Red Note Ensemble & Pascal Gallois (bassoon)
All of the above new works will be performed at soundfestival 2017.
Discover more about the composer and their commission below.